Friday, June 1, 2012

Guest Bath Makeover


We inherited our house from family about three years ago.  It has been a lesson in love as we have spruced up and remodeled the exterior and interior of the home.  It is a blessing that Mr. WR is super handy and has a natural knack for being able to do most projects himself.  One room that was neglected in the original wave of handiwork is the guest bathroom in the hallway.  The above picture is the bathroom when we first moved in.  It has since received a good scrubbing and we have replaced the crazy sink with a simple white pedestal sink with vintage look taps.  We also have a rattan shade in the window.  What I love most about the bathroom is the original teal tile.  However, that has also been the tricky part.  It is an extremely tough color to match.

I have been toying with the idea to not match the tile but find a color that compliments it.  I like orange and teal.  I have played with some fun orange wall paper samples.  Nothing stood out as a perfect choice.  
I recently gravitated to a green and teal theme.


This vintage 1962 bathroom is an excellent example of teal and jade tiles and has reaffirmed my idea to go with this color scheme.  However I want to keep it fresh and modern.


I am feeling inspired by the following pictures:


I would also like to find a way to incorporate this amazing vintage, green glass chandelier. 


Please feel free to follow more items of inspiration on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment